Electric scooters are becoming increasingly popular in the UK as a convenient and environmentally friendly way to get around. However, with so many different models and brands on the market, it can be difficult to know where to start.
This guide will provide you with everything you need to know about buying an electric scooter in the UK, from choosing the right one for your needs to finding the best deal.
What to consider when buying an electric scooter in the UK
There are a few things you need to consider when buying an electric scooter in the UK:
- Your budget: Electric scooters in the UK can range in price from around £200 to over £1,000. It's important to set a budget before you start shopping so that you don't overspend.
- Your needs: How will you be using the scooter? If you're only planning on using it for short trips around town, you won't need a scooter with a long range. But if you're planning on using it for longer commutes, you'll need a scooter with a more powerful motor and a longer battery life.
- Your weight: Electric scooters in the UK have a weight limit, so it's important to make sure that the scooter you choose can support your weight.
- The terrain: Where will you be using the scooter? If you're planning on using it on rough terrain, you'll need a scooter with larger wheels and suspension.
- The weather: If you live in a wet climate, you'll need a scooter that is weatherproof.
Types of electric scooters in the UK
There are three main types of electric scooters in the UK:
- Foldable scooters: These are the most popular type of electric scooter in the UK. They are easy to carry and store, making them ideal for commuters and city dwellers.
- Cruiser scooters: These scooters are designed for comfort and stability. They have larger wheels and a wider deck, making them ideal for longer rides.
- Off-road scooters: These scooters are designed for rough terrain. They have larger wheels and suspension, making them ideal for riding on dirt trails and gravel paths.
Where to buy an electric scooter in the UK
You can buy electric scooters in the UK from a variety of retailers, including online stores, brick-and-mortar shops, and even some supermarkets.
When buying an electric scooter online, be sure to read the reviews carefully to make sure that you're getting a quality product. You should also check the return policy in case you're not happy with your purchase.
How to maintain an electric scooter in the UK
Electric scooters in the UK are relatively low-maintenance, but there are a few things you can do to keep them in good condition:
- Charge the battery regularly: The battery is the most important part of the scooter, so it's important to keep it charged.
- Inspect the tires regularly: Make sure that the tires are properly inflated and free of cracks or punctures.
- Clean the scooter regularly: Use a damp cloth to clean the scooter's exterior.
- Store the scooter properly: When you're not using the scooter, store it in a dry, cool place.
Buying an electric scooter in the UK can be a great way to get around town in a convenient and environmentally friendly way. By following the tips in this guide, you can find the perfect scooter for your needs and budget.
- Consider getting a scooter with a warranty. This will protect you in case the scooter malfunctions.
- If you're a beginner, it's a good idea to take a safety course before you start riding.
- Always wear a helmet when riding an electric scooter.
- Obey the rules of the road when riding an electric scooter.